Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Mexican Revolution 100 year Celebration


The Area Authority sent out letters to the stakes in Mexico stating that stakes and ward were to have a Mexican Revolution Celebration. Commemorating the 100 years. It was a lot of fun. We all dressed up as traditional Mexicans and had dances, skits, and singing. Daniel talked about Freedom and the rights and privileges it has. As well as the responsibilities it requires form all of us. We ate posole, tostadas, and beans. It was so much fun and we had a great turnout over 500 people.


Me in my Dance costume.
Daniel and a cute little boy in 2nd ward. I don't know his name.
Hermana Ruby and I. She is the wife the the first counciler in 2nd Ward.
Daniel took a picture of me Dancing.

Some of my Beehives. Reina, MaryJose, Michelle and me.

A good friend in the ward Xantel and I. Xantel speaks great English.

Hermana Paty and I. She is newly baptised yet a great and strong women.

2nd ward Dancing.

Sister Alma and her family. Her kids Genius, Gracy, Hermana Alma (relief society prestident in 1st ward our ward) and her daughter get back to on the name.

Jesema, me, Daniel and I will get back to you on the name. Jesema is a Mia Maid.

Sister Celine and me. A wonderful sister who was one of my first friends because she knew English.

All of us before our dance. I danced with the youth.

3 comments:

Sheleeha said...

you look so beautiful becca!!! looks like you guys had lots of fun too!! hope you have a great thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

cute pictures becca

Heidi said...

Becca this looks like so much fun! You make a beautiful Senora! Love the costume! How fun.