Sunday, September 27, 2009

Not blogging

I am sure many of you are wondering why Becca is not blogging. In fact some of you have voiced to me my lack of blogging. So here is a recap of what has been happening lately.

1. One of our Team Leaders left our company the last week of August and since Daniel did not have someone who he thought was ready for the task he asked to me be the Manager of the Down Town store while he finds someone who can replace the Team Leader. I am doing this temporally because I still need to do my job which at the moment is being neglected.
2. I was released as the secretary of the Relief Society. Because the president moved out of our ward boundaries
3. We celebrated the Mexican Independence by watching fire works from our balcony up stairs. They were beautiful.
4. We had spirit week at work. I had been wanting to do this for a long time and so we arranged it during the week of the Mexican Independence. (Pictures to come on that.)
5. Taught little girls in our ward, age 8-11, how to make cookies and they ate the entire batch. They were so excited because they had never used an oven before. Some have an oven in their homes and some do not. But for those that do have one in their homes they don't know how to use it because their mom never had to to learn either. Crazy right. We sometimes and say I have no talents; but when you truly ponder about it, everything you know is a talent. Just because other people know how as well does not mean it is not a talent. It was good to help these girl discover something that we some times take for granted, so never say you are not talented. Start to look more fully at things you already know and appreciate your special gifts and blessing that God has given you.
6. My car has been in Cancun for 3 months. We had a friend working on it to fix the big dint in the door and while it was in his shop. His company got froze from the government and our car has been stuck there since June. I am going crazy but we are getting it back on Tuesday. I am so excited.
7. I am just going to say it. No I am not bragging. I just want everyone to know what is going on. In fact sometimes I feel so inadequate when it come to the calling. Daniel was called as the second councilor in the stake presidency. It keeps him very busy and me home by myself almost every night of the week. I am very grateful for the blessings we have received from his calling but sometimes it can get a little lonely around here. I need a new book. Any ideas.
8. I am playing the piano for the stake choir. You maybe thinking, I did not know Rebecca plays the piano. Well you are right I never exposed my little knowledge to you because everyone in Utah and Idaho can play so since I am not that great you never knew. But down here there is not one person in the stake that knows how so I am trying to get better. I have a lot to learn and I need help. If you have ideas on how to read music better and good tips on key fingering please let me know.
9. My birthday is on Thursday and Daniel and I are going to Tulum not the ruins but the City. We are planning to stay the day and night just for fun.

So you see we have been busy. Hope everyone is doing great.

6 comments:

Because You Want To Know said...

Just saw your comment... thanks, it's no swine flu at least. Ever since I read that you got it and ran out of toilet paper I've been stocking up :) I think it's awesome that you get to (got to) teach that age group of girls. They are really lucky to have someone like you to learn from and to have you as an example. I think it will really help them in the future!

Cory and Melissa said...

Wow you are one busy person but I'm glad to get any type of blog from you so keep being busy and blogging. I love you so much! Oh and I'm going to go to Arizona on the weekend of the 16th.

the Olsens said...

yay! an update;) You are one busy girl. Good perspective on our talents. It is easy to feel 'less than' when everyone around you seems to do so many amazing things. Anything can be a talent- even knowing how to use an oven.

Heidi said...

Yeah a new post! I always check in here to see what is up. Those nights you get a little lonely you should just post. Or call me. I wish you were just a little closer babe. I miss you. I'm going to cuddle my little one once for you.

How fun to make cookies with them. That reminds me of when Alena made smores with the kids in Africa. Hey you need to call her. Andrew broke his leg on Monday. Call and check on them. Love you like crazy and for some reason I miss you like crazy too.

Heidi said...

Oh and if you haven't seen the movie yet (because the book is awesome and should be read before the movie) is My Sister's Keeper or another one that I loved was Sotah.

Good Times said...

Hey Becca!! Its Denise! How are you doing? I hope things are going well for you. I found your blog through a friend of mine who is friends with Heidi. I was so exited to find it! We need to catch up some time. You look so beautiful! Love ya tons
Denise :)