OK so Swine Flu; was it some crazy thing that the news was making a bigger deal then really was. Yes or No?
Well my answer to this is yes and no. Because I ladies and gentlemen am an official survivor of the swine flu. You see I was not feeling very well on Saturday the 11 of July. On Sunday I went to Church not feeling well but it did not hit me hard until Sunday afternoon. That afternoon I was so sick. I had a high temperature and was weak. I could not eat anything. Daniel had to go to Cancun for his church calling and when he got back that night. He had an extremely high temperature. I am not exaggerating when I say it burned my hand to touch him it really did. Finally around 3 a.m. Daniel's fever broke. He was so hot that it left a body outline of sweat on the sheets about 8 inch out in every direction. My fever had broke about 30 minutes before his. Because of the major sweet I had to change the sheets for us.
The next day we still felt really bad but I had to go to the store and close the last hour. I just sat in a chair and waited for the hour to be over. I had an employee go and buy me a thermometer. When they got back I took mine and Daniel's temperature mine was 100.1 and Daniel 104.5. We were so sick. I even puked. So we decided to go to the hospital. We get there did all the doctor stuff and took all the test and sure enough the doctor told us we had the swine flu. She gave us masks and sent us home with a prescription that we had to present to the City Hospital and we would get our medication for free. We had to take the medicine for 5 days and we were corinteened to our house for 7 days. After the first 4 day I was feeling just fine so we did our spring cleaning. That was the best part of staying cooped up in my house for 7 days. Which can become very boring with no Internet and no cable. But it was nice to spend time with Daniel.
It was funny though. We ran out of toilet paper during the 7 days so we had to call some friends and have them drop off a package at the gate. I learned many lessons during this trial one being a year supply in everything is a great idea; not just food. :)
In closing yes the news made a big deal and made it seem like the world was coming to an end. But for a couple of day it kind of felt like that but after I got some good cleaning in. Thank you swine flu my house looks great.
4 comments:
That is yucky! I don't like being sick but the toilet paper is pretty funny! Crazy that you got it though.
Glad you made it through the flue is the worst no matter what kind but nice for a little vacation once you were feeling better.
Still scary that his fever was that high on Sunday night.
You poor thing....but so glad you are doing better!
Post a Comment