
Daniel and I were called to be Temple workers for the Merida Temple here in Mexico. It is about 4 hours a way. Once a month we go and work for a full day. It is such a great experience. We have been doing this for about 3 months now. Trying to learn and memorize the words that we need to know is one thing, trying to memorize them in Spanish is another. But after 3 times of studying "only in the Temple" I am able to help out a lot. The Lord helps you learn quickly. Yesterday was a wonderful day I was able to be an officiant for one of the session and I worked in many more special places.
Right before we were to leave a brother came and said to the temple presidents wife Sister Dyer whom Daniel and I were chatting with, "We need two sisters for a sealing." And we looked at each other and said at the same time (Sister Dyer, "She will do it." (me,"I will do it.") My last service in the temple yesterday was a sealing. A husband, wife and a daughter. I felt the presence of this little family who have been waiting patiently for the special moment to become a family for time and all eternity. I love the spirit that comes with service in the temple. A feeling of true peace. I am so grateful for the knowledge of, Who I am? Where did I come from? Why am I here? and Where am I going? If any of you have these same questions and would like an answer I challenge you to search out the missionaries for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and they can help you discover the truth to these questions that so many have asked themselves. I testify that this Church is true. Jesus Christ lives. He has restored His gospel once again. He speaks to those who will search for his words. We have a prophet on the earth today who receives revelation for the world. Temples are placed on the earth so we can seal families together for all eternity. I testify of these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
3 comments:
It's so awesome that you guys are temple workers. Wow Becca I'm impressed because you were so nervous about doing it and now you are a pro. What a great sacrifice to get there for you guys, but what an amazing blessing as well. Thank you for sharing your testimony. I love you girl!
That is pretty awesome. You are so great and I love you.
That is so wonderful that you guys are doing this - I am so proud of you! Joe and I love working in the Temple, but we only have to drive for 30 minutes...
Post a Comment