(These are called the Twin Sisters Mansions. They are right in the middle of the city. )When the Swine Flu hit Mexico many people lost their jobs. So when I got back for visiting family in May. Daniel and I had to go to Merida so Daniel could attend a Regional meeting on the wellfare system. We went to visit his family on Saturday but they were not home so we went and got a hotel. That Sunday morning we woke up and headed for the church which is next to the temple. That is where Daniel's meeting was it is also about 30 minutes away from where his sisters Lili's house is. I decide I would attend a church meeting while Daniel was in his meeting. The Building is like some student ones in Utah where there is two sacerment rooms so you can have two meeting going at the same time. I went in the first one I found. While I am sitting there singing the opening hymn. I keeping looking at a lady that looks like Lili but it can't be because she has short hair. And Lili has long 80's hair. She has had long 80's hair in every picture I have ever seen and ever since I have know her. Plus we are so far away from where Lili lives and there are 5 stakes in Merida. But she looks just like Lili. So I have to check out the kids and see if they look like Daniel's nieces and nephews. But it took the opening hymn, the announcements, and the sacerment for one of Lili's kids to turn their head around far enough for me to recognize them. Anai got up to have her mom fix her hair clip that was falling out. That is the only time those cute little kids moved. I told Daniel later I am going to have to take some serious lesson on how to get your kids to sit perfect in sacerment from his sister because I for sure was not that good in church when I was a kid. After the sacerment I moved up to sit next to them. When I did they all looked at me with sup rise and Helam asked his mom who is that? He could not remember me. Well he recognized me but could not remember who I was.
This picture was taken after church in our hotel room. The kids though it was so cool to have two beds in one room. They screamed for joy when they got to go into the elevator. Man it is so funny what seems so cool to you when you are a kid. Anel-8 Helam-6 Anai-4
THEY ARE SO CUTE!!!!
This picture was taken after church in our hotel room. The kids though it was so cool to have two beds in one room. They screamed for joy when they got to go into the elevator. Man it is so funny what seems so cool to you when you are a kid. Anel-8 Helam-6 Anai-4THEY ARE SO CUTE!!!!
2 comments:
They are pretty cute kids. How funny. I remember thinking that the elevator was the coolest thing, that and the escalator.
This is such a fun story. Love the picture of the kids. Hotels are so fun for little kids. Glad to see you are back.
Post a Comment