John 14:15–17, 26–27; 15:26–27; 16:7–8, 13–14
1. As you study the following verses, make a list of what the Savior taught about (1) what the Holy Ghost does and (2) what disciples must do to receive the Holy Ghost:
o John 14:15–17 Another name for the Holy Ghost is called "Comforter". He can abide with us forever. He is also called the Spirit of truth. He can dwell with in us.
o John 14:26–27 Heavenly Father has sent the Holy Ghost. He will teach us all things. He will bring all things to your remembrance. We should not let our hearts be troubled nor afraid because we have the Holy Ghost.
o John 15:26–27 The Holy Ghost testifies of the Savior.
o John 16:7–8 The Savior has to be away for the Holy Ghost to come. The Holy Ghost reproves the world of sin, and of righteousness.
o John 16:13–14 The Spirit will guide us to all truth. He will show us things to come.
2. Add to your list above as you study the following resources:
o Institute student manual Points to Ponder, “The Holy Ghost Brings Man to
His Fullest Potential” (p. 168) Inspires, develops cultivates and matures all the fine-toned sympathies, joys, tastes, kindred feelings and affections of our nature. It invigorates all the faculties of the physical and intellectual man. In the presence of such persons with the Holy Spirit, one feels to enjoy the light of their countenances and the genial rays of a sunbeam.
o Institute student manual Points to Ponder, “As a Messenger of the Godhead,
the Holy Ghost Teaches Faithful Members” (p. 168) He is in likeness of the Father and the Son. His mission is to instruct and enlighten the minds of those who, through their faithfulness have obeyed the commandments of the Father and the Son. He bears witness of the truth, quickens the minds of those who have made covenant and reveals to them the mysteries of the kingdom of God.
3. Review your list of what the Holy Ghost does. Then write responses to the following tasks:
o Describe how the Holy Ghost helped the Apostles fulfill their missions after
the Savior’s death and resurrection. They were able to teach with the power of the Holy Ghost. They had truths brought back to their remembrance.
o Write a paragraph about a time when the Holy Ghost blessed you in one of
the ways you listed above. Give an example of how the Holy Ghost has inspired you.
I know the Holy Ghost told me to go back to school. At first I did not really understand why because I did not like any of the online degree options. However I felt the spirit strongly about it and so I followed. Now with time I have had more spiritual experiences as to why I am back in school and what the Lord expects me to do with my degree. I am grateful for the Holy Ghost and that I am able to learn line upon line. That truth has been reviled to me just as the scriptures teach. I know God lives and He has a plan for me. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment