Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dido Baby

Yesterday was my first meeting for my new calling as the Secretary for the Relief Society. Let me just tell you this picture says it all. I have lived in Mexico for almost 2 years and am still struggling with the language. If I were to put a percentage on my level of skills. I would say; I understand about 67.8% of every thing spoken in Spanish. And I can speak about 18.1%. I really have to be pushing myself to even get these statistics. Which sometimes gives me a head ache. Yesterday was no different. But quite amazingly I understood everything I am suppose to do when it comes to my jobs. It was hard to pay attention for 2 hours though.

I will start having meeting every Tuesday. We have an activity every Thursday and we will do visits on Saturdays. I feel like I am going to be a very busy girl. But I am very excited. We already talked about visiting all our inactive's. My list has over 600 women and about 35 come on a good day. My list also has only 8 phone numbers. Two of which were wrong because they belonged to my President and the second councilor. So like I said my work is cut out for me.

The best thing of this whole situation is that I was called by the Lord and He knows my circumstances. He knows that I have difficultly in the language but He still called me. Therefore I know He will help me. Maybe this is my answer to my pleas at night for help with learning the language.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow babes, you do have your work cut out for you! Be you will have help too. Love the picture. ;)

Cory and Melissa said...

You'll do great Becca. You are amazing and who the Lord calls He qualifies. Let me know how things are going and I get you those other forms soon. Love you!

Bond Fam said...

Your right the Lord knows your circumstances and He also knows how great you will be able to do at it! Im so glad you contacted me so now I can read your blog!

mom2cherreys said...

Becca, I found your blog through some mutual friends. Looks like you are doing some amazing things. I love how strong your testimony and faith is. How has life been treating you?

the Olsens said...

Hey! Thanks for letting me know about your blog. It looks like you will be one busy girl! I would wish you luck, but I don't think you need it. You're amazing and will do a great job.

Heidi said...

Hey babe, it's time for a new blog! Just saying....