Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Relief Society Birthday

We had our Relief Society party on Saturday. It started at four in the afternoon. And by the time we were all done cleaned up and got home it was 11 o'clock at night. You need to learn one thing down here when someone says they will be at your house at X time that really means an hour or an hour and a half later then when they say they will. That goes the same for all church activities.

But even though the activity was all day it was nice. We had 7 or 8 people talk about Relief Society, women today in the church, charity, pioneer women in the church, and our women responsibilities. Yes it was a lot of talks and it took two hours but we really need it down here. There are so many new members and so many whose school education ends after Elementary that all the teaching and training is great.

After the talks we had a little skit, songs and dancing. That is me pointing in this picture.
This is us singing right before we started to dance. The dance was fun. This is one of the little babies in our ward. The mom of this baby does not want it so the relief society president is raising her. I wish I could still her all the time. But Sister Libertad lets me take care of her all them time.
This is a little girl in our ward. She always comes up to me at church and wants to practice her English with me. She is so cute. At this very moment I can't remember her name but when I remember it I will put it in later.
Over all it was a great activity and we had of course yummy tacos after. They tasted so good. Oh I almost for got I has a sister make my bonnet and apron. I think they turned out cute.

3 comments:

Cory and Melissa said...

That is really neat. I love that idea about sisters long ago and I think it is really neat that they would do a pioneer thing because I doubt many of their ancestors were pioneers in the sense of crossing the plains but they are pioneers often of being the first to join the church. Looks like a lot of fun.

Amanda said...

I agree with Missy! What a neat day. You look great with a baby in your arms too......{wink}

Heidi said...

You look so happy in these pictures. It looks like a lot of fun.